Film Studies,Film History,Cultural Studies,Popular Music Theory and History
BSc (Hons) in Entertainment Technology, University of Portsmouth, 2005
MPhil (PhD progression) in Research Methodologies, University of Portsmouth, 2007
PhD in Film and Cultural Studies, University of Portsmouth, 2012
“Nothing in life is worthwhile unless you take risks. Fall forward. Every failed experiment is one step closer to success.” – Denzel Washington
- Spicer, P (2019). Nationalism, Censorship and Subversion: An Exploration of meaning in Kenji Mizoguchi’s War Years Pictures (1939-1945). Thammasat Review 22(2) 135 – 149.
- Spicer, P (2019). Theatrical Transcendence: Mizoguchi, Noh Theatre and Film Style 16:9 Filmtidsskrift.
- Mizoguchi, Melodrama, and the Psychology of Nature: Exploring Relationships Between Worlds in Kenji Mizoguchi’s Musashino Fujin (1951). Quarterly Review of Film and Video 1 – 15.
- From Osaka to the Gion: Vernacular Modernism in Kenji Mizoguchi’s Osaka Elegy (1936) and Sisters of the Gion (1936). IAFOR Journal of Media, Communication & Film 4(1) 83 – 92.
- Spicer, P. (2012). The Films of Kenji Mizoguchi: Authorship and Vernacular Style. The University of Portsmouth, U.K. https://ethos.bl.uk/OrderDetails.do?uin=uk.bl.ethos.551458